Article in Drumbeat Magazine, the official newsletter of Carnaval San Francisco.
- Executive Producer for independent video projects
- Digital content strategy consultant
- Web news producer/writer
- Multi-award winning producer/writer for TV, radio
- Senior producer for broadcast production and post-production
- Video production manager
- Producer/writer for nationally syndicated news reports
- TV talk show host
Riera Digital – San Francisco, CA (December 2013 – Present)
Executive Producer managing all aspects of video production. Consultant providing workshops on web content, social media marketing, and how to integrate content on various platforms using multimedia. Clients include: Carnaval San Francisco, San Francisco Black Infant Health Network, Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble of San Francisco, Red Hill Studios, and various professional musicians.
KRON 4 TV– San Francisco, CA (August 2012 – November 2013)
Web Producer responsible for posting high-volume breaking news stories and other compelling content on social media platforms, with an emphasis on increasing audience reach and engagement. Curate Facebook, Twitter, YouTube channel and other social media platforms. Write, produce and publish engaging multimedia news stories to TV station website, kron4.com.
ABC-7 (KGO-TV) – San Francisco, CA (15+ years)
Senior Video Producer of high-profile specials such as: Macy’s Passport fashion show; PG&E Energy Challenge; Spirit of Carnaval (live parade coverage); Project Literacy; Telethon for United Cerebral Palsy; Bay to Breakers. Managed all aspects of show launches.
Senior Producer, Writer and Host of A.M Weekend, a weekly talk show; and Viewfinder public affairs program. (11 years on-air)
Independent Producer/Writer – San Francisco (15+ years)
Partial client list: AT&T, PG&E, ABC-7 TV, KGO Radio, Catholic Healthcare West Hospitals, Macy’s, Safeway, San Francisco Food Bank, San Francisco Visitor’s and Convention Bureau, KTVU, WB-20 TV, CNX Media, Vsolay, Inc.
Express Media – San Francisco, CA (February 2010-July 2011)
Marketing manager specializing in promoting video production and post-production multimedia services. Developed social media campaign, created media kits, and brochures. Edited website content, electronic newsletter and created client database.
Vsolay, Inc. – Brisbane, CA (2007-2010)
Video Production Manager at Internet start-up. Hired and trained staff, collaborated with clients, managed production schedule. Created look and informational experience for digital interactive media content. Developed department systems, standards and practices.
KGO Radio – San Francisco, CA (1998-2011)
Senior Producer of the KGO Radio Cure-A-Thon, the station’s annual premier charitable effort benefiting the Leukemia Society. Managed and developed program strategy, created format, booked guests and talent, created radio, TV, and web promotion.
CNX Media, Inc. – San Francisco, CA (2 years)
Coordinating Producer/Script Supervisor, Quicken.com Money Reports, syndicated personal finance reports. Integral to series launch. Supervised unit of five producers, supervised scripts, created editorial and production calendar, maintained affiliate relations with 70 TV stations in daily turn-around production environment.
- Video production for large and small projects from concept to execution
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Joomla, HostBaby, CDBaby
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram
- Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Paint
- Graphic design
- Fluent in Spanish
- Detailed communicator
- Digital Content Manager for Carnaval San Francisco
- Founder/Director, Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble of San Francisco, 2001-Present
- Digital literacy volunteer teacher, Women’s Building, San Francisco 2012-Present
- Past board member of San Francisco School Volunteers
- Chair of San Francisco School of the Arts Instrumental Music Department, 2005-2008